Saturday 8 September 2012

Rugby Coaching at Uni-North Owls

Rugby Coaching - Uni-North

In 2012, I had a massive challenge in ACT as rugby coach.

It was my first time challenge as 1st grade ass-coach in ACT Premier rugby union competition.
As a coach, I have to look back what I could have done better for boys & the club as we were just a few point behind from semi-final at the end of season which uni-north club has not achieved recent years.
Richard's influential approach which shocked a few coaches as well as players in a good manner at the beginning of season was really effective to individualize uni-north rugby club in ACT rugby competition.

How can we attract players?
How can we maintain our strong 1st grade appearance consistently?
He showed me the one of answers from his approach which differentiates this club from other well resourced clubs in playing style, club philosophy, strategy, tactics etc......

Without doubt, he influenced me a lot in many ways.
I hope he does not mind being my mentor for my future challenge.

To conclude as a coach at Uni-North club in 2012, APPRECIATION is the word that I would like to use for anyone who involved in this club in 2012 season.
Without boys' help, I would not be able to manage the training routine, game performance well above outsider's expectation. Thanks for leadership group who stood up for the team.
I also have to acknowledge the club committee, coaches/managers at each grade who allowed me to coach a half of season as acting head coach.

Big Big Learning Curve in this year as person as coach.

What could I have done better?
How can I transfer this experience to future setting?

The only answer I know is to keep challenging.




No comments:

Post a Comment