Sunday 29 April 2012

Japanese Rugby 2011, Performance Analysis Presentation

Rugby Union Performance Analysis

At early this year, I presented my research work at conference which I have never expected to happen in my whole life.
Life has a full of taste if we keep trying hard on what we do.
As a undergraduate student, it was one of my greatest challenges I have ever made in academic world.
Thanks Keane, for giving me the great challenge and helping me to present this research during your busy time period.



I analysed a performance in Japanese rugby union team in 2011, including rugby world cup in NZ.
By doing performance analysis in rugby union, I found interesting fact and knowledge that I might be able to transfer for my future coaching.

I am really not sure whether I can ever make this happen or not but it is worth to try again in my future.

During our Thailand visit, there was Thailand 7's competition and managed to see Japan 7's team.
I also had a few surprises in the venue.
1, I met a female referee who I met at the conference. Hope she will be leading Thailand referees in the future.
2, Japan played against Laos that Mr. Matsuo from JRFU has coached for.


3, Toda referee was here as one of the referees. While I was playing for Shokki Shuttles about 7 years ago in Japan, he was one of referees that we got quite a lot. Thanks Toda san, had a good chat.


Ipponsugi, H., and Wheeler, K. W. (2012) Attacking effectiveness of Japanese fast paced rugby in 2011, The Journal of Sports Science and Health (Supplement): (S42 - S54).

http://www.canberra.edu.au/faculties/health/courses/sport-studies/sport-studies-staff-profiles/wheeler-keane



No comments:

Post a Comment