Sunday 26 May 2013

University of Canberra



In 2013, I graduated from University of Canberra where I met so many great teachers. 

The another greatest thing UC provided me was not only learning outcome but actual coaching job opportunity. As UC has been the major sponsor of Brumbies, we had tremendous chance during the Uni life.  Their program has been a great emphasis on professional pathway into the top sporting environment. This was why I liked the program, "Coaching and Exercise Science". 

I also was very lucky that I met Keane Wheelar who is course convenor of the course and also played rugby together at Vikings rugby club. He helped me to get research paper done and published which I have never expected to do in my whole life. If showing unexpected dream to student is the one of skills that teacher may have, then he did exactly same thing to me. I felt I was moving into the world where I have never been and I liked the challenge. Again, I learned that a little one more push may change the whole result at the end. 

Obviously coaching two teams, doing internship, working at two places and for myself, and studying were not easy things to continue, but what I could gain from these experiences was I guess not many people would have. Being smart is sometimes not good enough, we have to be tough and solid to complete tasks in really hectic schedule and get OK for everything we do. Identifying priority was the most important thing I learned during the period.

Now I feel like I would like to keep studying for higher degree and I am hungry for it. The point is can I manage myself for studying during Full-time work commitment. 
I do not know, but I will at least give a shoot and see what's gonna happen. 

At University of Canberra, things I learned provided me the foundation of coaching skills and knowledge. Now I need to progress from there for future settings. 

Thanks UC, and teachers, hope to see you again.








No comments:

Post a Comment